This position is located in the Health Resources and Services Administration, Office of Information Technology, Office of the Director. The duty location for this position is in Rockville, MD.
*Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health of Human Services through this vacancy announcement.
Learn more about this agency
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during open and closing date of this announcement.
IT Specialists (INFOSEC) are a mission critical occupation for HRSA. These positions are responsible for the analysis of system and/or security requirements, the development and implementation of mission critical applications for the agency’s Information Technology operations.
As an IT Specialist, Data Management – Data Architect you will serve as a Senior Information Technology Specialist responsible for a range of intricate assignments and projects related to data architecture, data management and analytics.
Your major duties and responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating the establishment of data governance structure and executes overall data strategy, data architecture, roadmap and vision for information delivery and management, including enterprise data Business Intelligence (BI) & analytics.
- Demonstrating extensive knowledge in cloud data architecture, cloud database service implementations (e.g. Azure SQL, Azure SQL Managed Instance), Data lakes and Cloud Data warehouse solutions.
- Developing business cases and establish technical workgroups to develop Proofs of Concepts in researching new and emerging data technologies such as Data Lake and Cloud Data Warehouse solutions.
- Architecting and delivering the solutions that fulfill the business information needs, and align with the overall data architecture vision and strategy.
- Designing and developing reports and dashboards based on the enterprise business needs using Tableau.
- Developing a data security plan, data privacy policies, metadata standards, document Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and implement a data governance model based on Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK).
NOTE: Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
Occasional travel – Expected travel for this position is up to 5% of the time.
Conditions of Employment
- U. S. Citizenship is required.
- Males ages 18 through 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- PHS Commissioned Corps applicants must submit current personnel orders.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Position is not in the Bargaining Unit.
- Recruitment incentives are not authorized.
- Student loan repayment incentive is not authorized.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of the pre-appointment process (i.e., background investigation, verification of qualifications and job requirements, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, etc.)
THESE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE 05/20/2021.
Do not cut and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position.
To qualify for this position, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have IT-related information security experience in each of the four competencies listed below:
In order to qualify for this position at the GS-14 level, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-13 level in the federal service.
Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, an applicant’s one full year of specialized experience must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for successful job performance.
Examples of qualifying specialized experience at the GS-13 level include performing the following types of tasks on a regular and recurring basis:
Designing and developing metadata models and complex ETL (extraction, transformation and loading) packages or OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) cubes using SSAS, SSIS, or T-SQL/stored procedures; designing and implementing reports and dashboards using BI tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI, etc.; and migrating on-premise data warehouse and data mart solutions to Cloud Data warehousing solution such as Snowflake or Amazon Redshift.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
TO PREVIEW THE OCCUPATIONAL ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11091088
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Click here for information on ” Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities “.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP): Click here for information on how to apply as an CTAP/ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy the displaced Federal employee must be found well-qualified.
HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This is a Direct-Hire Authority position. Traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply to this vacancy. Veterans’ Preference does not apply to direct hire recruitment procedures.
Your application will be reviewed to ensure that you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be referred for consideration in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Direct Hire Authority .
Additional selections may be made for similar positions across the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) of the location identified in this announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with interested selecting official(s) at HHS. Clearance of CTAP/ICTAP will be applied for similar positions across HHS.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact either HRSA’s Office of Human Resources at (301) 443-3780 or by email: [email protected] or HRSA’s Reasonable Accommodation programs at (301) 443-2538 or by email: [email protected] . You must contact the Reasonable Accommodations Program prior to the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM EST (except Federal holidays).
Submission of a resume alone is not a complete application. To apply for this position, you must provide a complete online Application Package which includes:
- Personnel Orders: PHS Commissioned Corps Officers must submit a copy of latest personnel orders in lieu of SF-50.
- Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50), if current or former Federal employee.
For Résumé and Application Tips visit the USAJOBS Resource Center .
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 05/20/2021.